The eXact Lobster is the online LCMS environment for distributed content authoring, sharing and reviewing. The eXact Lobster supports all collaborative workflow features such as content management, version control, sharing and peer reviewing. The eXact Lobster is the digital repository where authors can store, share and retrieve resources, learning objects and courses.
Authors can access the eXact Lobster via a web browser in order to edit or assemble content by means of a user-friendly interface. No client application or additional plug-in is required for online content authoring.
The main features of the eXact Lobster are:
- Online learning object editing, packaging and indexing
- Collaborative workflow management
- Shared workspaces with task and milestone scheduling
- Personal workspace for each author
- Version control with update notification and version propagation
- Centralised and distributed application
- Profile for multiple portal configuration
- Localisation engine for rapid export-translation-import of learning objects
- Map and taxonomy based content classification
- Integration with 3rd party open source or vendor solutions