Learning Object Templates
Learn eXact includes a very powerful templating technology supporting 3 ways of template creation:
- a WYSIWYG editor allows the creation of templates in a visual layout mode. The editor can be extended with proprietary graphics and interaction object libraries beyond the set of functionality provided in the standard package
- Learning object model technology allows XML data structure definition and rendering engine development through any mark-up/scripting language or other multimedia format (such as XSL, Flash and JS)
- Advanced LO model editors can be embedded into learning object models, adding to the standard templates easy-to-use and client defined graphical user interfaces to guide step-by-step input from authors
LO models and advanced editors can be developed by any programmer in any mark-up or scripting language by following a white paper and/or a 3 day advanced templating courseware provided by Giunti Labs professionals and certified partners. learn eXact ships with a set of bundled templates. Additional templates and plug-ins are available. For example:
- QTI Editor (Test assessment authoring editor)
- Interaction Kit (alternative assessment and exercise templates set)
- LO Synch (synchronisation of audio/video with a PowerPoint presentation or other slideshow format)
LO Avatar (selection of various characters with MP3 audio Lip Synchronisation in Flash™)
LO GameShow (interactive game based on a famous TV show)
LO Games Library (a library of interactive assessment games in Flash™)
LO eXact VR (an editor of SCORM compliant VRML worlds also supporting distributed and collaborative gaming and navigation).
The unique value of the learn eXact templating technology can be defined from a twofold perspective. On the one hand, it supports rapid and massive content creation, requiring no technical authoring skills and automating most technical development tasks at template design level. On the other hand, templates can be nested (an Avatar can introduce a tutorial as a virtual tutor, or could simulate a video running within a VRML virtual world) and can be tagged and loaded into the learn eXact LCMS infrastructure to be shared and extensively re-used within the authoring community.